Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sewing projects!

 Remember a long time ago when I bought this fabric?? Well, I finally made something out of it!

I made myself an insulated casserole carrier, like the one that I made for my sister-in-law for Christmas.  The links to the tutorials I used are in that post, if anyone is interested.

Now that I've gotten my sewing machine out, I've been bitten by the sewing bug again. :)  Today Annika was at my parents' place for the afternoon and Emmett was napping and I started working on a few other projects.  I want to replace the leg elastics in a few old cloth diapers I have, and I did one today. 

It actually wasn't that difficult (there's a great tutorial for replacing AppleCheeks diapers' elastics here), and I would've done more, but I just want to test it out first and make sure that I like the way I've done it before I do a lot more.  I'm not sure why, but the leg elastics always seem to go on our cloth diapers, despite the fact that I hardly ever put them in the dryer :P.  I also got started on another project, a little something for Annika, but you'll have to wait to get a peek at that!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great work Pam,
I am trying to get my hands on a new desk for upstairs so I can use my current desk downstairs for a sewing space. I will have to go through my stash and see if any need replacement, the leg elastics do go for me too sometimes, but knowing this is a quick and easy fix is great:) Miss you friend!