Monday, May 28, 2012

1000 gifts: #141-150

Here's what I'm thankful for this week:

141. Starbucks caramel macchiato on a Tuesday morning with my Y Neighbours ladies.

142. Annika's enthusiasm for planting and growing things...

143. ...and the fact that Annika's enthusiasm is starting to rub off on me (I'm actually quite excited to see if our little garden will produce anything!).

144. Free slurpees

145. Using my new sewing machine (for real) for the first time!  It was a Christmas present and it's been sitting neglected for far too long. 

146. Annika's preschool - school ended on Friday and it was a very good year for her (and I've really enjoyed it too).  I think she's learned a lot, and it's also been good for her social skills.  She really enjoys school, and I'm so thankful that there was never a fight or fuss about going to school.  By coincidence, she picked the same dress to wear on her last day as she wore on her first day.  What a difference 9 months makes!

147. Another outside project finished, thanks to my handy husband.

148. Neighbours peeking over the fence to say hello and ask for advice; other neighbours building us a new fence.

149. The 6 young people who were baptized at our church on Sunday morning.

150. Annika's questions about God and our faith that inevitably follow such an event.  I'm glad that she is interested in understanding more about God and what it means to be a Christian, and I pray that I can answer her questions in a way that makes sense to her, but is still meaningful and accurate.


1 comment:

Alicia said...

Your daughter is beautiful- love your praise for enthusiasm rubbing off on you. Isn't it fun how God gives us children to spark new passions? Coming here from Ann's today. Blessings on your Memorial Day