Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sweet, sweet, little Emmett (the end of the glare-off contest)


You know how they say that it takes 7 positive comments to make up for 1 negative comment?  Well, I feel the need to balance out Emmett's "reputation" (or whatever you want to call it), now that he's out of the "evil baby glare-off" competition.  So for that one "evil" picutre, here are 7 pictures that celebrate how truly sweet and cute he is.  Some of these pictures have been posted before, but I think they deserve a repeat.  Get ready to say "awwww"....

I love his "old man with no teeth" expression

LOVE

Emmett's version of baby-proofing ;)

Little toes, how I love those little toes.


A little mischevious...

...a little silly...

...and seriously cute.

Love you Emmett!

A few more words about the "glare-off" contest:

I'm actually sort of glad that Emmett is out of the contest now.  When I entered Emmett in it, I thought of it as something funny and silly, and "evil" in a "I'm going to steal your cheerios and knock over your blocks" kind of way.  However, it became apparent as the contest went on (and people made comments) that others were taking the "evil" part a lot more literally.  I didn't like that.  I also really didn't like the caption that was initially under Emmett's picture yesterday, and I apologize to those of you who went to vote for him and had to see it (for those who didn't see it, it included the "f" word).  Not the kind of thing I want my baby associated with.  I asked them to change it, and they were nice enough to do so without making a big deal over it (I was totally prepared for a barrage of comments that I was being a spoilsport or was too sensitive).  If they hadn't changed it, I was ready to take Emmett out of the contest.  Anyways, it's over now for us, and I'm glad.  However, Emmett will likely still pull out his glare from time to time.  Just to remind you that he could steal your cheerios at any time...

3 comments:

Shachi said...

I love the little toes one the best :) Glad its over....I stay away from negative things especially for my daughter.

Gin said...

Emmett is such a sweet kid I could never seriously think of him as evil but I will protect my Cheerios when he's around!! I love these pictures especially the ones where you see the mischief in his eyes!!

Andrea said...

His glare picture was seriously awesome - but I love these wonderfully sweet pictures of him more!!