Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sewing class #4 and #5 - I made pants!!

I didn't blog about sewing class last week because there wasn't much to say.  We spent pretty much the whole class working on our pants, and I didn't want to post any pictures until I had them completed.  So this week, I finished the pants!!  Actually, I didn't quite finish them in class - I still had to hem them.  I did that this morning while Emmett napped, and now they're done!  It's so exciting to see a project come to completion, and Annika really loves them.  They're pretty big on her, but since I put in an adjustable waistband, she'll be able to wear them for quite a while.

What a cheesy little model :)


Adjustable waistband

Next week is my last class, and I'm sad that the class is almost over.  I've really enjoyed having the time to myself, to do something that I want to do (even though I've just been sewing stuff for Annika so far, and not for myself :P).  Class seems to go by so quickly when we're working on our projects.  At one point last night, I looked at the clock and it was already 8:00 (the class goes from 6:30-9:00).  I couldn't believe the time had gone so fast!  There's a "Learn to Sew" level 2 class starting up in a few weeks, but I won't be able to take it this time.  It's just too hectic, with Annika's swimming lessons on Tuesday evenings, and with the sewing class starting at 6:30.  Most Wednesdays Carey and I are like ships passing in the night - he gets home just as I'm getting ready to walk out the door.  I'd love to take the next class (and I even have my next project picked out and the fabric bought), but I know that it would be better for my family to be home with them.  I'm so glad I had the opportunity to take this class though - it's been so good for me, and really helped me out of the "funk" I was in a little while ago.  There's something about creating things that it just good for the soul, at least I think so.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree 100% about creating and it being good for the soul. I am so excited for you. Great job on the pants:) I would love to take a sewing class at some time in the future! This post made me smile!

tammi said...

NICELY DONE! They look great!!