Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A few quick tips and tricks

A little bit of miscellaneous stuff for a Wednesday morning....

Does your hair get product build-up, or your shampoo seems to "stop working" and your hair doesn't feel clean?  I found this super easy trick for really clean hair on eHow (I love that website).  All you need is a little baking soda.  When you're in the shower, put a squirt of your regular shampoo in your hand, and then add a pinch of baking soda (maybe about a teaspoon or so?  I don't measure, since I'm in the shower!).  I keep a small, plastic container of baking soda in the shower, so I don't need to worry about the box getting wet.  Mix them together in your hand, and then lather up.  Let it sit for a minute or two, then rinse well.  Follow up with a light conditioner, and presto - clean hair!  I usually do this about once a week.

Another quick tip, this one is from my mother.  When you wear a camisole under a sweater, do you find it slips down at the neckline?  I have a few that do that, and I'm constantly pulling them up.  My mom gave me this easy tip - take 2 small safety pins, and pin the strap of your camisole to your bra strap on each side, and your camisole won't slip down anymore!

So there you go - happy Wednesday!!

No comments: