Sunday, October 16, 2011

Denim pocket purses

I made 2 of these adorable little purses (instructions here) this week - one for Annika and one for Annika's little friend, as a very belated birthday gift. 




I actually started this project more than a month ago (hoping it would be done in time for the birthday), however, when I got to the step about sewing the lining into the purse, my brain just shut down.  I could not, for the life of me, figure out how the 2 pieces were supposed to go together.  I got frustrated and put the whole thing away.  Then just this past week, I looked at the instructions again, and suddenly everything made sense and it came together pretty quickly.  And after Annika saw what I had made for her friend, I knew that I would have to make a second one (good thing jeans have 2 pockets!).  She loves hers and was so excited to give the other one to her friend. :)

3 comments:

Gin said...

Good for you for going back to the project. That kind of brain block happens but too often, I've then just left the project and never gone back to it. You've inspired me to go back to an embroidery project that I haven't finished! These purses are very cute. Congratulations.

Melissa said...

Sydney loves her's too:) Handmade goodness especially "green goodness" is the way to go.

tammi said...

Look at you, creating all sorts of cute stuff!! Those are awesome!