- No juice boxes: check!
- At least 1 homemade baked item: hmmm, not sure about this one. I baked cookies from frozen cookie dough, and I baked cinnamon buns, courtesy of Mr. Pilsbury. So technically, I did bake, but I just didn't make the doughs from scratch.
- Limit sugary cereals at breakfast to twice a week: check!
- Have fish for supper once a week: check! We had leftover Tuna Fiesta (the recipe makes enough for two meals for us, so I always put half in the freezer for a ready-made meal for the following week).
- Have vegetables at lunch: check!
- Drink at least 500 mL of water a day (outside of mealtimes): I did this everyday except for Wednesday and Sunday.
- Drink only 2 cups (500 mL) of milk a day: check!
- A little less white: So-so. I bought whole grain Ritz crackers this week, but I also gave in and bought white buns (they were on sale - buy one bag, get one free. Couldn't pass that up!). Since I didn't really do any baking from scratch, I didn't have a lot of opportunities to incorporate more whole wheat/grains. We did have multi-grain tortilla chips on our taco salad, though! :)
Monday, June 27, 2011
Healthier eating monday: sticking with 8
Last week's recap: