- No juice boxes: We were camping this past weekend, so I made an exception and Annika had 2 juice boxes. But I'm okay with her having them for special occasions like that, it's just in everyday life that I want to avoid them if possible.
- At least 1 homemade baked item: check! I made apple struesel muffins. I wanted to share a picture with you, but they didn't turn out very good-looking, although they were still quite tasty.
- Limit sugary cereals at breakfast to twice a week: check! Annika had Froot Loops once last week. I'm finding goal #2 and this goal seem to go together. If I've made something yummy that Annika can eat for breakfast (banana bread, muffins) then she doesn't even ask for the cereals.
- Have fish for supper once a week: check! We had cod for supper on Wednesday (it's becoming our "fish night"). I did it in the oven with a bit of dill and garlic, but not enough I guess, since it was kind of bland. It was also kind of rubbery, so I guess I overcooked it. Still getting the hang of cooking fish. I need to find some good recipes because I'm just kind of making it up as I go along.
- Have a serving of vegetables at lunch: check! Well, we at least had some vegetables, maybe not a full serving though.
- Drink at least 500 mL of water a day (outside of mealtimes): I did good with this during the week, but not on the weekend while camping. Then I drank juice and pop. :S
- Drink only 2 cups (500 mL) of milk a day: check!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Healthier eating monday: a little less white
Last week's recap: