Thursday, April 12, 2012

Random thoughts on a Thursday morning

Butterflies
Butterflies
Butterflies

Annika's birthday is tomorrow and her party is on Saturday (which is also my birthday) and the theme is butterflies.  I'm seeing butterflies everywhere.  Seriously, even in my dreams.  Last night I woke up from a dream, and I don't remember anything about it other than it was about butterflies...  and it wasn't good.  After that I tossed and turned for about 2.5 hours before I could get back to sleep (it wasn't just from the butterflies though).  That happens to me every now and then - I wake up in the middle of the night and it takes me a long time to get back to sleep.  Usually I'll just get back to sleep and then Carey's alarm will start going off. :P  I used to have more trouble with falling asleep at the beginning of the night, but that never seems to be a problem anymore (nowadays I can hardly keep my eyes open past 10:30!).  I know that I should get up and read or something rather than tossing and turning, but I have a hard time getting out of bed.  There's something ingrained in me that says "you're not going to fall asleep if you're not in bed". 

So, another cup of coffee and on with the day.  Today I'm baking cupcakes for Annika to take to preschool tomorrow and the cake for the party on Saturday, as well as getting the house ready for the party (Annika and I made butterfly decorations out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners).  I'm guessing that I'll be dreaming of butterflies again tonight...

No comments: