Saturday, November 30, 2013

Emmett's birthday party

We had Emmett's birthday party today.  We kept it pretty small, just invited one other family that are good friends of ours.  Their kids are older than ours, but they still all get along really well.  In fact, whenever we asked Emmett who he wanted to invite to his party, his first answer was their son.  We went mini-golfing and then came back to our place for supper (hot dogs - Emmett's fav) and cake. 





I didn't do a "theme" for  Emmett's party, but I thought he would get a kick out of this dirt cake in a dump truck.  I had wanted it to be a surprise for him (I bought the dump truck just for this), but it didn't quite work out that way.  He had lots of fun, though, helping me decorate the cake with gummi worms and chocolate rocks.


 



Not sure what's with this face.  Couldn't get a smile out of him.


Now there's a smile!


Digging in!


Emmett probably would've sat there all evening, listening to stories.


Trying out his new scooter.  Again, couldn't get a smile - but he was probably just mad at me that he had to stop scooting long enough for me to take this picture!

No comments: