Sunday, April 14, 2013

My birthday

Today was my birthday.  We didn't do anything overly exciting, but it was a good day.  We went to church in the morning, and then to Boston Pizza for lunch (Annika and I were both sung to, and got birthday brownies).



Then we came home for a nap (everyone but Annika napped - I don't usually nap, but for some reason I woke up at 5:15 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I needed one today).  Carey and Annika put together the Lego set that she got yesterday (she wanted Lego for her birthday this year and she got it!  4 sets!!).  Then we dropped the kids off at my parents' place and Carey and I went to Smoke's Poutinerie for supper.  We had never been there before, and a few months ago I bought an online deal coupon for there, so it was a good reason to go.


I had the "Hogtown" poutine - fries, cheese curds and gravy, with bacon, sausage, mushrooms and onions.  It was delicious, but a bit much for me - I couldn't finish it.  Then we drove around for a little bit before going to pick up the kids and take them home to bed.  Now just a quiet evening and then bedtime for this 31-year-old lady!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm not sure if I ever need to try poutine that's "different" than the original. Some things just don't need to be messed around with. :)

And wow, 31 sounds so young. :)