Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July long weekend

We spent the long weekend at my parents' cabin with a few friends, and it was a gorgeous weekend.  Here are a few pictures...

Emmett having a serious conversation with Grandpa about Little People and tractors.


 I could not believe Annika actually held this frog.  This one got away pretty quickly, but she found a smaller one that she kept and played with for quite a while.


Betcha didn't know that my kid could walk on water, did ya?!?


Life jacket buddies


Who's number one?


Snuggles with Grandma around the campfire.  We did our fireworks one day early (since everyone was leaving on Monday), and this was the first time that Emmett stayed up and got to watch the fireworks.  I don't think he was scared by them, but I think by the end it was all a bit much for him, and he asked to go up to the cabin before it was over.


Taking a break from swimming to warm up in the sunshine.


I was trying to get a picture of the kids together in their Canada shirts, but this is the best that I could get.


And just a little update on the Off Clip-Ons (for keeping the bugs away) - they seemed to work pretty well, but as the package says, you basically need to stay in one spot for the "bubble" to work.  So, not so good if you want to take a walk, or if your kid is running around all over the place, but we found they worked pretty well for sitting around the campfire, and for when the kids were playing in the playhouse (and movement was contained to a small area).  We still came home with quite a few bites, but I think those were mostly from the horseflies that attacked us while we were swimming.  Oh, and just one more thing about the clip-ons - it states on the package "keep out of reach of children", so use your discretion before putting one on your kid.  I found that my kids were okay with them (they pretty much left them alone after we turned them on and clipped them on), but if you think your kid might eat it or destroy it or something, then maybe it's not such a good idea.

1 comment:

Gin said...

Great photos! I would have loved to listen to the serious conversation between Emmett and Grandpa. I'll bet Grandpa learned a few things he didn't know! Glad you had a good time.