- I have a nice warm house, which is also large enough that we don't feel like we're cramped when we have to spend long days inside.
- I have warm clothes for when I do venture outside, and I have a reliable car to get me safely and warmly where I need to go.
- Cold weather = sun dogs, which always make me smile (I wish I had a picture to share, but I always seem to see them when I'm driving!). They're like a special gift from God for those of us crazy enough to live in these cold places.
- I have a cold, which is annoying and frustrating, but it is not life-threatening. It will eventually go away, likely without any medical intervention.
- Despite the fact that I've been hugging and kissing my kids (and sharing my germs with them), they are still healthy and happy.
- I've had several opportunities (when the kids were with Grandma or Annika was at school and Emmett was napping) to take some "sick time" and just rest and baby myself a little. That doesn't happen very often for most moms.
So, I'll try not to complain, because really, life isn't so bad.
(1000 gifts #221-226)