Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weighing In

If you've been paying attention to my weight ticker lately, you may have noticed that it hasn't been moving.  Actually, if I was being completely honest, it should've been moving in the opposite direction.  But I didn't want to move it backward, so I've just been leaving it as is.  I'm not sure exactly what's been going on.  When I started running again a few weeks ago, I dropped a few pounds pretty quickly.  I was hoping that trend was going to continue.  However, the last little while I've been yo-yoing back and forth with those pounds that I had initially lost.  Maybe I'm gaining muscle from the running??  I know, that sounds a bit like wishful thinking.  I think, though, that I really need to pay more attention to what I'm eating.  It's good that I've been getting somewhat-regular exercise (lately I've been getting on the treadmill about 3 times a week), but I've got to step it up with the food.  I have a tendency to snack, and I don't always pick the best foods to snack on.  I've noticed that I've also been slacking off with what I give Annika to snack on.  I used to always make sure she had healthy (or at least healthy-ish) snacks, but lately, she's had a lot of sweets and treats.  When I lost weight 2 summers ago, one of my tricks was to only eat what Annika was eating.  Not necessarily the same amount, but the same foods.  It worked because I was feeding her healthy stuff.  I think we need to get back to that, and make sweets only an occasional treat.

Honestly, I'm not overly dissatisfied with my weight right now.  When I look in the mirror, I see areas that need improvement, but in general I'm pretty happy.  Even at my current weight, I'm still almost 20 lbs lighter than before I got pregnant with Annika.  However, it's the 2 pairs of pants in my closet that I can't fit into yet (at least not comfortably), that make me want to drop a few more pounds.  And I'd like to say that I've lost all the baby weight from my pregnancy with Emmett.  Although, I realize that I may not be able to get back (and stay) at that pre-Emmett-pregnancy weight again.  At least maybe not for a little while.  When I was at my lowest, I was exercising at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week (and getting a good night's sleep every night), and that just may not be possible at this point in my life.  But I'll do what I can, and hopefully still be able to shed a few more pounds.  Hopefully soon that ticker will be moving (in the right direction!) again.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ugh...I've been slacking off with what I give my girls too! Lately life just seems to be far too hectic, so I just go with what's the simplest, even though that means it's not the healthiest.

I like that idea though -- only eat what you feed your kids. I just might have to implement that (once I start actually feeding them healthier foods, that is...).

I'm glad to hear you say you're not overly dissatisfied with your weight right now. You always look amazing, and with the right level of confidence, it only makes someone look better too!