Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy birthday to me

We wrapped up our birthday celebrations today with my birthday.  It was a pretty low-key day, which was okay after all the partying and going-out we did over the weekend.  It was nice to have some time for just the 4 of us.

Carey brought home these beautiful flowers for me.


We ordered in Chinese food for supper.  We were going to have some leftover cake for dessert, but we were all too full (those plates are huge - I barely put a dent in mine and I was stuffed), so we just had fortune cookies.  Yes, there's a candle in mine.  My fortune was something about every downhill having an uphill.  I asked Carey if that meant that I was now over the hill??


My birthday present from the kids was this neat little wireless bluetooth speaker.  It even has a light in it that changes color (in keeping with our rainbow theme!).


Then we had a little dance party to test out the speaker (and tear down some decorations that were still hanging around).


No comments: