Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pity party

I have to admit, I've been having myself a little pity party lately.  Sickness (of the unpleasant gastrointestinal variety) has been circling our house for almost 2 and a half weeks now, and it's been getting me down.  I guess the one good thing is that we weren't all sick at the same time - I think that would've been really hard to handle - but it's been so tiring.  Someone is sick every few days.  Just when I think it's gone and we're back to normal, someone else gets sick.  Annika has had it twice, poor thing, although she bounced back a lot quicker the second time.  The past few days I've been cleaning every possible surface, every towel, every sheet and blanket, trying to get the sickness out of our house.  And it's exhausting.  I'm sick of being sick, I'm sick of everyone else being sick.  And I'm sad that all my Valentine's plans were cancelled.  Not that Carey and I had any plans to go out (Friday night is skating lessons for the kids anyways), but I had wanted to bake cupcakes with the kids, and make a special veggie tray for Emmett's preschool (I was going to cut the carrots and cucumbers into heart shapes), and just do special little things for/with my family.  None of that happened.  The kids weren't too disappointed, but I feel like I missed out.  Everyone was posting Valentine's pictures on Facebook and Instagram, and I was sad that I couldn't do the same.  While everyone was posting their happy pictures, I posted a picture of my one victory of the day - getting out of the house to restock our sick supplies (apple juice, saltines, ginger ale, chicken noodle soup and disinfecting wipes).

So I've been feeling a little blue (and green) lately.  Hopefully this is the end of it, though.  We've all been sick now, and it seems like we're on the mend, so fingers crossed that it's really done now and doesn't come back.  I guess the one good thing to all this is between being sick and being stressed, I've lost 3 pounds this week (gotta find a silver lining somewhere, right?).

No comments: