Saturday, December 21, 2013

A crafty day

I took advantage of a burst of "crafty" energy today - and did some knitting and even sewing!  I haven't sewed for a long time, since it always seems like such a hassle to get my machine set up, etc (although it's not really).  Carey took the kids out for the morning, so I took advantage of the free time to sew a skirt for Annika.  I had the pattern and material on hand, and Annika was in need of a new skirt (hers keep getting shorter and shorter!!), so I whipped up this baby.


It's a little big on her, so hopefully it will fit for a while.  I left lots of extra material in the hem, so I can lengthen it as she grows.


As for knitting, I've been doing a lot of it lately.  I love that it's so easy to just pick up and do a few rows whenever I have a few minutes (or an hour or two, like this morning when I woke up at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep!).  This project was supposed to be boot cuffs, but even though I followed the pattern exactly, it turned out way too big for my legs (which I was afraid would happen even while I was knitting, as several people had commented that they turned out way too big).  However, it's the perfect size for a headwrap/earwarmer for Annika!  I was disappointed that the boot cuffs didn't work out, but I have to admit - it actually looks really good on her.  I guess I'll have to give the boot cuffs another try next time.

No comments: