Wednesday, June 5, 2013

How beautiful it is...

...to do nothing and then rest afterwards.
~Spanish proverb

That was my motto for yesterday evening and this morning.  I have been sick for a week, and Carey's working out of town, so it's been a rough few days.  So last night my in-laws took the kids for a sleepover and I was able to get some much-needed R&R.  And I really did nothing!  Last night I watched TV, knitted and played Scrabble on my phone.  This morning I "slept in" (only until 7:30, but I stayed in bed until 8, which is still considered a sleep-in!) and had a lazy morning.  I painted my toenails, went for a short walk (my energy levels are still pretty low), and did more knitting and Scrabble.  I felt almost a little guilty about being so unproductive with so much time to myself, but I got over it pretty quickly.  I needed the rest and the quiet, and it was wonderful.

No comments: