Family Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta (all I had was regular macaroni, so I used that)
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes (I used crushed tomatoes, so there wouldn't be big chunks of tomatoes - I'm not a huge tomato fan. It was also nice and saucy with the crushed tomatoes).
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (I didn't know what the difference between steak seasoning and seasoned salt was, so I just used Hy's seasoning salt for both)
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (I probably used more than this - we like cheese)
- Chopped green onions, optional (I don't like green onions, so I didn't include these)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.