Monday, March 19, 2012

Lent: week 4

Still struggling.  I'm having a hard time getting back the momentum and excitement that I had at the beginning of Lent.  I'm still decluttering, but it's going slower and it feels harder to do.  Perhaps it's because I've finished off a lot of the smaller (aka easier) areas and now what's left are the larger, daunting, untamed areas like closets or kitchen cabinets.  And I'm having a hard time keeping new clutter at bay.  Mail and papers are starting to pile up again.  Clean laundry is left sitting in baskets (or even still in the dryer!).  There's a few large empty cardboard boxes that have been sitting in the back hall for almost a week (they just need to be broken down and carried out to the garage, but somehow it just never gets done).  I'm tired of looking at organizational blogs and articles.  I'm tired of seeing pictures of other people's perfect pantries and closets, with everything in matching containers with cute labels. 

It's tough-going right now, but I will try to persevere.

My list:
  • Recipe binder
  • Office
    • Kids' craft stuff
    • Drawers
    • Filing cabinet
    • Bookshelf
  • Laundry room
  • Email inbox
  • Annika's closet
  • Emmett's closet
  • Our closet
  • Our bathroom
  • Kids' bathroom
  • Main floor bathroom
  • Front closet
  • Back closet
  • Upstairs storage closet
  • Kitchen cabinets/drawers
  • Pantry
  • Fridge
  • Freezer
  • PVR
  • Kids' toys
  • Guitar music binder
  • Sewing stuff

No comments: