Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lately...

It's been pretty quiet around here lately - I guess I don't have much to say.  Not much to say today either, but I felt that I should write something. 

We've been dealing with a bit of illness lately.  I wasn't feeling so good on Sunday evening and Monday and Annika was sick on Tuesday evening and yesterday.  She seems to be better today, though.  My first clue that something was off was when she took a nap on Tuesday while I was making supper.  She was playing upstairs and I suddenly realized that it was very, very quiet up there.  I went upstairs and she had fallen asleep in our bed.  She had a low fever, and a bit of a stomach bug (luckily it was just going down and not coming up - I don't do well with throwing up).  So we stayed home all day yesterday (she wasn't too impressed about missing school although I didn't really mind not going out in the freezing cold weather), and made many, many trips to the bathroom. :P  On the plus side, she made it each time, so there was no messes to clean up (I've done that once before, on Mother's Day of all days, and it ain't pretty!).  She slept well last night, and seems to be back to her regular self today.  She woke up this morning and started singing "ballet day, ballet day!"

This morning I woke up thinking "book club tonight, book club tonight!"  It seems like too long since I've had a girls' night out, and I'm really looking forward to going tonight (plus I really need to get out, after being cooped up all day yesterday dealing with a sick kid).  And I'm looking forward to dicussing the book too - we just read "Room" by Emma Donoghue.  A great read, but pretty intense!

I feel like I haven't said much about Emmett lately, so I should write something about him yet too.  When I look at the blog labels count, there are currently 70 posts for Annika and only 64 for Emmett (or at least while I'm writing this that's the count).  So what's new in Emmett's life?  Well he got 2 new teeth recently, so that brings him up to a grand total of 6 (at 13 months).  They are slow to come in, but at least they don't seem to bother him too much.  We've only had 2 or 3 bad nights with him (compared to many with Annika!).  He's not walking yet, but he loves to cruise around furniture, and loves doing stairs.  He's recently figured out how to go down stairs, but it's still not safe to leave the baby gates down.  We're going on vacation in a little while, and I'm a bit anxious as to how he's going to be on the plane (it will actually be 2 flights - 1.5 hours and 3.5 hours).  He does not like to sit still, so I'm not sure how he's going to handle sitting in our laps for so long.  I'm thinking a combination of Cheerios and baby Tylenol. ;)

Anyways, that's life right now.  Sorry that it's not terribly interesting!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sorry it was a rough week with some illnesses - glad it didn't go through the other half of the family though!

We were hit with a NASTY December sickness wise this year. The last couple of years we were pretty healthy, but this winter it caught up with us and we paid big-time (or the girls did at least...).