Thursday, July 28, 2011

And so I ran

It seems strange, but after I wrote last week that I wasn't going to start running on the treadmill right now, I almost immediately had this strong desire to run.  I wasn't that I wanted to run to try to lose weight or to restart my Couch-to-5K program -- I just wanted to run.  For the sake of running.  I wanted that feeling that comes with running - hot, sweaty and exhausted, but energized and exhilarated.  I wanted a "runner's high."  I wanted to spend half an hour just focusing on putting one foot in front of the other.

And so I ran.

And it felt good. :) 
I think I may do it again.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Way to go Pam!!

Kristin said...

Run a mile for me ;)

Andrea said...

Sometimes I think that's the best way to do it - without any kind of pressure or long-term commitment.

But just because.