Saturday, December 8, 2012

Popsicle stick snowflakes

I saw this idea on Pinterest a while ago, so yesterday morning the kids and I made popsicle stick snowflakes.

Our inspirations....





Annika has been really insistent on doing crafts lately, mostly due to a book she found at the library about making ornaments.  I regret letting her take it out, not because I don't want to do crafts, or even because I don't want a ton of homemade ornaments on my tree (although those are both true to a certain degree), but mostly because a book of 30 or more crafts, most of which needed materials we didn't have, was just overwhelming, for both of us.  She wanted to do them all, right away.  I quickly returned the book to the library, and decided it would be better for me to find appropriate crafts (ones that we had the required materials for), one at a time, and do them with her.  Hence, the popsicle stick snowflakes.

I used a glue gun to glue the popsicle sticks together (Annika chose her configuration, and I did mine and Emmett's), and then we painted them white.  Annika added glitter and buttons to hers as well.  Then we tied on ribbons for hanging.  I think they turned out really cute.  I collect snowflake ornaments and other snowflake-themed items, so they fit right in with our Christmas decor!




Annika's snowflake

Emmett's snowflake

My snowflake

1 comment:

tammi said...

Oooo, purty!! I admire you, Pam, that you do so many crafty things with your kids. I have one VERY crafty kid who wants to do crafts ALL. THE. TIME. and I am just not a crafty person. And when I do try, I have to work around the other kid who wants to have the finished craft, but couldn't care less about actually doing the work... ::sigh::