Friday, October 5, 2012

Insomnia

Ugh, I just accidentally deleted the post I had written about this.  :(

Anyway, just wanted to share that I've been suffering from some pretty bad insomnia lately and that's why it's been so quiet around here.  I had started a post that detailed what I was going through in more depth, but honestly, I just don't have the energy or desire to process through all that right now.  It's been rough and exhausting and not something I want to relive (and strangely, way worse than newborn-baby type sleep deprivation).  I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he gave me a few sleeping pills, so at least I've had a few better nights now.  I'm hoping my body will soon "reset" itself and get back to normal (I guess we'll see when I try sleeping without the aid of a pill).  The doctor also recommended that I see a therapist or counselor to help me with managing my stress/anxiety.  I've seen a therapist in the past (about 6 years ago from depression/anxiety) and it really helped me then, but honestly I'm not looking forward to going.  But I guess sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.  I know it will be worth it in the end.

If you feel inclined to pray, would you please send up a prayer or two on my behalf?  Thanks.

1 comment:

Gin said...

When it comes to raising kids and challenges with that, my advice is not because "been there, done that" but when it comes to insomnia, anxiety or depression, I have personal experience and understand your frustration.

My doctor has put me back on a very mind anti-anxiety medication. It has made a world of difference once again and I have come to the realization that this just may be the way I'm going to have to live.

Seeing a counselor or therapist is a good recommendation - I highly encourage that as well. Sometimes we just need someone to help us see through the stuff in our lives.

I will send up more than justa prayer or two. Whenever I think of you or your kids, I will pray for you specifically.

Hugs!