Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Volunteer morning

I spent my morning volunteering in Annika's classroom. I took pictures of the kids for their portfolios, sorted pages for the portfolios, organized the weekly take-home folders and pasted their color collages onto construction paper.  I also got to be a bit of a "fly on the wall" and watch Annika in class, which was neat.  She's quiet (of course), but she did interact with the teacher and the other kids, and she looked like she was having a good time.  I'm hoping to be able to volunteer somewhat regularly (maybe twice a month), while Emmett is at preschool.  It's nice to get to know the kids she's with in class.  I had to laugh, after the teacher introduced me as "Annika's mom", one little girl took one look at me and said right away "you look like Annika".  ;)

No comments: